ATLANTA (11-6) vs. PHILADELPHIA (13-3)

Saturday Nick Foligno Jersey , 4:35 p.m. ET, NBC

OPENING LINE – Falcons by 2 1/2

RECORD VS. SPREAD – Atlanta 8-9, Philadelphia 10-5-1

SERIES RECORD – Eagles lead 18-14-1

LAST MEETING – Eagles beat Falcons 24-15, Nov. 13, 2016

LAST WEEK – Falcons beat Rams 26-13 in wild-card game; Eagles had bye

AP PRO32 RANKING – Falcons No. 9, Eagles No. 5

FALCONS OFFENSE – OVERALL (cool, RUSH (13), PASS (cool.

FALCONS DEFENSE – OVERALL (9), RUSH (9), PASS (12).

EAGLES OFFENSE – OVERALL (7), RUSH (3) Mark Scheifele Jersey , PASS (13).

EAGLES DEFENSE – OVERALL (4), RUSH (17), PASS (1).

STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES – Eagles are 2-1 vs. Falcons in playoffs, including 27-10 win in 2004 NFC championship game. … Falcons were NFL’s highest-scoring team last year, but their fewest points came in loss at Philly. … Falcons were 5-1 vs. common opponents while Eagles were 4-2. … Falcons averaged 22.1 points per game and allowed 19.7. … Atlanta averaged 364.8 yards per game and allowed 318.4. … Falcons QB Matt Ryan completed 64.6 percent of passes for 4,095 yards, 20 TDs, 12 picks and 91.4 passer rating. …Ryan has passer rating of at least 100 in five straight postseason games, tied for second-longest streak in league history. Only Joe Montana had longer streak with eight. … RB Devonta Freeman had 865 yards rushing and seven TDs. … WR Julio Jones caught 88 passes for 1,444 yards and three TDs. … DE Adrian Clayborn had 9 1/2 sacks. … LB Deion Jones had three picks. … K Matt Bryant made 34 of 39 field goals (87.2 percent) and all 35 extra-point tries. … Philadelphia’s Doug Pederson makes playoff debut as head coach. … Eagles tied franchise record with 13 wins. … Eagles finished with second-most points (463) in team history. … Eagles tied for first in NFL in point differential (plus 162) Colton Parayko Jersey , led league in rush defense (79.2 yards per game) and ranked first in NFC in turnover differential (plus 11). … Philadelphia averaged 28.6 points per game and allowed 18.4. … Eagles averaged 365.8 yards per game and allowed 306.5. … QB Nick Foles was 2-1 filling in for Carson Wentz. Foles completed 56.4 percent of passes for 537 yards, five TDs, two picks and 79.5 passer rating. … RB LeGarrette Blount had 766 yards rushing and two TDs. … RB Jay Ajayi had 873 yards rushing and one TD combined with Dolphins and Eagles. … TE Zach Ertz had 74 catches for 824 yards and eight TDs. … WR Alshon Jeffery had 57 catches for 789 yards and nine TDs. … DE Brandon Graham had 9 1/2 sacks. … CB Patrick Robinson had four picks. … K Jake Elliott made 26 of 31 field goals (83.8 percent) and 39 of 42 extra points.

LOS ANGELES – Los Angeles Dodgers starter Kenta Maeda will take the mound Saturday against a Colorado Rockies team that he has had success against over the past three years.

Colorado Rockies starter German Marquez will take the mound Saturday on the road, where he has been excellent outside of the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.

Something has to give at Dodger Stadium in a nationally televised game, when Dodgers right-hander Maeda (5-4, 3.44 ERA) faces off against Rockies right-hander Marquez (5-8, 5.53).

The Rockies won the first game of the series 3-1 on Friday, and Maeda will try halt the Dodgers’ two-game losing streak.

Since returning from the disabled list after being sidelined by a hip strain, Maeda has posted a 2.87 ERA over three starts, including a scoreless seven-inning outing Monday against the Chicago Cubs when he struck out nine and picked up the win.

The nine strikeouts were reminiscent of his best stretch of the season before his injury, when he struck out 32 batters over 24 1/3 innings Christian Dvorak Jersey , including a season-best 12 strikeouts in 6 2/3 shutout innings against the Rockies on May 23.

“Ever since coming off the DL, feeling-wise, this is the best I have felt,” Maeda said through an interpreter, after holding the Cubs in check during a 2-1 Dodgers victory Monday. “Overall it was a much better feeling coming into this game than the other ones.”

Especially troublesome for the Rockies is that Maeda figures to be fresh for Saturday’s outing, having thrown just 84 pitches in his latest start. Then there is this: Maeda is 5-2 in eight career appearances (six starts) with a 2.11 ERA against the Rockies with 48 strikeouts.

Marquez has struggled lately, having gone 1-4 in June with an 8.53 ERA, but there is no doubting his road success this year. He has a 7.93 ERA at home, but that mark falls off dramatically to 3.07 in 41 innings on the road. In fact, the Rockies have won four of Marquez’s seven road starts this season.

Marquez is 1-0 with a 3.91 ERA in four career starts against the Dodgers.

His two outings against them this season have been a mixed bag. On May 21 in Los Angeles, Marquez gave up one run over seven innings in a 2-1 Rockies victory. On June 2 at Colorado Tyler Johnson Jersey , he gave up four runs over six innings, although he didn’t factor into the decision as the Dodgers rolled to a 12-4 victory.

In his four starts since then, Marquez has given up at least five runs in each time. He gave up a combined 10 runs (nine earned) in his last two starts, both of which came at home.

“I know I have been in the league two years and if I execute my pitches, it doesn’t matter how long they have known me,” Marquez told reporters, through an interpreter, after he gave up six runs (five earned) on nine hits in 3 1/3 innings in an eventual 8-5 loss to the Miami Marlins on Sunday. “It’s about me executing my pitches.

Marquez will face a Dodgers team that has 54 home runs in June, the most in franchise history for a single month.

Womens Buffalo Bills Jerseys
Antworten mit Zitat

Zurück Neue Antwort erstellen