Back Reply to topic
Skeksix 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Topics: 4
Playing:  AOC
Ingame:  Skeksix
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Solved: No ~guild output when hosted localy. Posted: Post 08:42 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

I had the bot hosted via webhosting just for testing purposes, meant I could edit it remotely. All was working on the web hosting.

Now I run the bot on a local XP machine and it does not respond to command via guild chat. The only command it responds to is one based via tell which is /tell BOT !twinkadmin.
This displays find but the others just do not reply to any ~guild channel command.

Any ideas anyone?

Chaly 
Offizier · Webmaster 
Topics: 404
Playing:  Guildwars2 (Drakkar See)
Ingame:  Chaly Flavour
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted: Post 08:46 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

mh, i don't know why a firewall would block guildchat, but allow tells, but.. did you try disabling the firewall? Reply with quote

Chalys Gimpnesstheory (2003) Die Theorie der expotentiellen Bullshits den Gimps bei gleichbleibendem Anteil produzieren.
Skeksix 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Posted: Post 08:47 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

My firewall is based on the router. Had a quick play with it just couldn't find any port to unblock so I assumed it was something else. Reply with quote

Creator 
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Topics: 3
Playing:  AOC-Omm
Ingame:  Creator
Posted: Post 02:57 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

Crazy thought... but you've got the character that's the bot in the guild right?

Frankly, if the bugger is responding to tells... its working... something else is wrong. Did you set the character name correctly in the config (remember it's case sensitive).

- Creator

Creator 
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Playing:  AOC-Omm
Ingame:  Creator
Posted: Post 03:00 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

For what it's worth... it's very unlikely you have a firewall issue here... in my place... lets just say my setup is excessive. I've got 2 hardware and a software based firewall between me and funcom. But, since I'm establishing the connection from within the network, everythings golden. Reply with quote

Myth 

Posted: Post 03:09 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

I have the same problem as Skeksix. When i copy the plugins to the tell dir it works via /tell. In the guildchat it doesn't. i'm running it locally on vista. The config is correct and the char is in the guild. If you need more information please ask. Reply with quote

Skeksix 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Posted: Post 03:09 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

Bot is in the guild and char in config is setup properly based on case sensitive letters.
It is really weird as I can use the !twinkadmin via tell but get no response in guild at all.
The files are directly copied from my webspace which was working perfect online just now running locally it has issues.

Chaly 
Offizier · Webmaster 
Posted: Post 05:09 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

snibbel also got the same problem and he already switched $debug=true (config.php). result:
everything's fine: bot knows he is in the guildchannel (announced public chat), he receives tells, but not a guildchatpacket..

Chalys Gimpnesstheory (2003) Die Theorie der expotentiellen Bullshits den Gimps bei gleichbleibendem Anteil produzieren.
Skeksix 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Posted: Post 05:28 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

Moving the bot to a VPS so should fix the problem.
Other than that I will just run the bot through /tell until I can see why I am not receiving the information properly.

Chaly 
Offizier · Webmaster 
Posted: Post 07:04 Tue - Jun 24, 2008

maybe you've notice the "minor improvement in the callback() function" for version 0.7.. worth a try:
in version 0.6 of inc/bot_callback.php replace line 56 with this one
Code:
   if ($type==65 && $AOC->id[$args[1]]!=$myname) {

Chaly 
Offizier · Webmaster 
Posted: Post 06:42 Tue - Jul 01, 2008

should be solved with 0.7.1 Reply with quote

Snibbeldibbel 
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 

Posted: Post 11:06 Tue - Jul 01, 2008

now it works, thx a lot Reply with quote

Back Reply to topic