Back Reply to topic
Argorn 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Topics: 5
Playing:  Age of Conan
Ingame:  Argorn
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
send_public_channel_message help needed for my plugin Posted: Post 01:44 Wed - Oct 01, 2008

Help welcome:

I already made some nice plugins for our bot like a newsletter link so every member of my guild can see the guild goals anytime.

I also handled it to write a tell plugin !info so the bot sends you a link with an detailled guild info.

Now what I need is a tell order like "/tell Mybot !recruite" and if I tell it to him he should send a short text to the public Stygia channel. Anyone out there who can give me a hand with this, I tried some things with the send_public_channel_message function but maybe I'm to tired or to stupid to get it on and running properly.

The idea is simple:

I want to tell the bot to send a short recruite text to Stygia. This text will include the "/tell Mybot !info" order so people that are interested will get a private tell with detailled guild infos. This detailled guild infos again include links to contact the offivers of my guild.

I got all files working so far but not the first step to get the bot talk to Stygia.

btw, I (my bot's char) have to complete Tortage and travel to Stygia to be able to write there, correct?

Best Regards
Argorn

Argorn (80) : Miezekatze (80) ::: NR Guild Leader
Chaly 
Offizier · Webmaster 
Topics: 404
Playing:  Guildwars2 (Drakkar See)
Ingame:  Chaly Flavour
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted: Post 11:24 Sun - Oct 05, 2008

this is how you can send to the newbiehelp channel:
Code:
   send_public_channel_message( "~NewbieHelp", $msg );

here's a way to test the other channelnames;
Code:
global $channels;
   var_dump($channels);

Chalys Gimpnesstheory (2003) Die Theorie der expotentiellen Bullshits den Gimps bei gleichbleibendem Anteil produzieren.
Argorn 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Topics: 5
Playing:  Age of Conan
Ingame:  Argorn
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted: Post 11:42 Sun - Oct 05, 2008

thx for your help, but it seems I'm too stupid to get this working.
I leveld my bot to 19 and parked it in the guildcity, but if i write a plugin to send a text to the stygia etc channels I do sth wrong and the bot crashes.

Its not that important, I gonna send the ads personally with links to order infos from the bot, got that working already.

But there is the next problem, everytime a player asks the bot for guildinfos, the bot adds the player to the guildlist and the adminfunction !cleanbuddys doesnt remove em from that list and I have to delete em manually.
Is there a way to seperate friends and guildlist so those players wont be listed as guildmembers, if they talk to our bot?

Regards for any help

Argorn (80) : Miezekatze (80) ::: NR Guild Leader
Back Reply to topic