TrueMOD 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Topics: 1
Playing:  Age of Conan
Ingame:  Truemod
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
job plugin? Posted: Post 10:38 Wed - Oct 01, 2008

Well I started messing around with some scripts to learn how to make my own plugins for ragebot but yeah I have limits.
I wanted to create a job plugin with the following functions:

!job
opens an info window that looks like:

:::::Weaponsmith:::::
T3 Name1
T2 Name2
T1 Name3

:::::Armorsmith:::::
T4 Name4

:::::Gemcutter:::::
T5 Name5

and so on
basically a list that is sorted by highest tier first

!job update *profession* *tier*
will remove you from that list if you exist and add you with your new tier status

!job remove *profession*
will remove you from the specified list completely

Now I had the idea of having 5 txt files one for each profession and by telling the bot for example !job update Weaponsmith T5 he will check if the senders name is in that list and delete the line/entry and write a new one with the senders name.
typing !job would basically just create a link for an info window in which the content of those 5 txt files is displayed ordered by tier. Now writing the commands for the bot to listen and creating a basic info window aint a problem but like I said my php skills are limited X'D
The whole file creation, opening, reading, saving is totally new for me...but maybe someone is working already on something similar or can just gimme a few code lines and a hint on how to start that.
The purpose of this would be that there would be always a list of crafters in the guild and people would know who they can send an offline message to or a mail or pm on forum in case they need something and they would see who is capable of doing that. So yeah just the file thingy is a prob for me.

Back Reply to topic