(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Topics: 5
Playing:  Age of Conan
Ingame:  Argorn
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Looking for ideas to work with 2 guilds Posted: Post 06:08 Sat - Oct 11, 2008

Hi guys...

I love this bot so far, translated it to german (exept the quotes, next to too much work they rock in english), made some plugins so my members can see all important informations ingame, but there is one idea I want to share with you.

The Problem of Age of Conan:
Lots of guilds are friends but there is no ingame way to create a union and share a chat or see who is online in the other guild.

The "problem" solution with Ragebot
Everyone who talks to the bot gets listed on his "guildlist" so we see LvL ups and login"logoff of users that whispered the bot, I want to use this.
We created a Toon with the name of the other guild and all those member that aer used to play with the members of our guild, told the bot that their mainchar is the toon named like the other guild.
Now if one of em comes online we see in guildchat: ":: Player A lvl xx class just came online :: (other guildname) ::"

Ways to optimize this:
- Lvl up messages should show up the main char name as well so this can also be used to see that the guys who lvld is from the other guild.
- A plugin so a member of guild A can tell the bot to say his message in guild chat of guild B
eg.: Dark is in the guild New Rising (with bot)
Light is in the guild Dark Rising (no bot but ally with New Rising)
Light types "/tell BOTNAME !unionchat Hi Leute, was geht?"
The bot of New Rising now writes in guild chat:
BOTNAME: :: Light :: from Dark Rising says: Hi Leute, was geht? ""
The guildname should be edited in the plugins first lines.
Now I am out of ideas how New Rising could answer to the other guild but at least its a one way communication.
With 2 bots it should be possible to communicate between the guilds.

I have no problems in modifying existing plugins but something like this ideas need more know how than I can handle.
Any ideas are welcome.

Regards

Argorn (80) : Miezekatze (80) ::: NR Guild Leader
Chaly 
Offizier · Webmaster 
Topics: 404
Playing:  Guildwars2 (Drakkar See)
Ingame:  Chaly Flavour
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted: Post 12:05 Sun - Oct 12, 2008

my 2 cents:
AO bots have a guestchannel, the guild can invite ppl to join the guestchannel. this channel is a 'real' chatchannel where all guildmessages are bot-mirrored and everything written by the guest is bot-mirrored in the guildchannel.
you talk about an alliance - chat: at first all or at least some of the text from one guild should be mirrored to the other guild and -second step- the bots should know their memberactivities.

my idea for task 1:
plugin config
define an array of botfriends (to be able to have more than one allied guild),
every array-member should be a sub-array with at least two members:
Code:
$alliancebots=array(
  array("name"=>"friendbot","checked"=>false)
);
where alliancebots[0].checked is used to check if the alliancebot is compatible with you plugin..
5000ms plugin
you need a 5000ms plugin later to check the alliancebots from time to time (they may be offline or they don't have your allianceplugin installed yet and this should avoid spam.
guild plugin
i won't use a tell, i would use a guildcommand "!as <text>". make a tell-command if you don't want to have this spam posted in your guildchannel, but beware:
- john (guild A) tells the bot A "!as hi folks"
- 10 members of guild B tells the bot B "!as hi", "!as get lost" ,..
what happens is that the guildchannel of guild A is being spammed with messages as the 10 members don't know of each other. finally the guild A members don't know about john's tell..

what should the guildcommand do? on $pluginwords[1]=="!as" it should go through the $alliancebots array and when $alliancebots[$i].checked==true the bot sends the pluginmessage: send_private_tell($alliancebots[$i].name,"!as_bot $sender: $pluginmessage")

tell plugin
finally you need a tellplugin that receives the !as_bot, checks if the sender is an allied bot and posts the message to its guildchannel:
Code:
<?php
if ($pluginname[1]=="!as_bot") {
   global $alliancebots;
   $allied=false;
   foreach ($alliancebots as $alliancebot) {
    if ($alliancebot.name==$sender) {
      $allied=true;
      break;
     }
   }
   if ($allied) {
      send_guild_channel_message( $pluginmessage );
   } else {
      send_reply("Invalid sender..");
   }
}
?>

notes
maybe you don't want to add the 5000ms plugin with version 0.1 of your plugin and set checked=true in your plugin config. to test this i would add my own nickname to the $alliancebots array to be able to manually test this plugin. i didn't check my code, but maybe it's a start for you - gl

Chalys Gimpnesstheory (2003) Die Theorie der expotentiellen Bullshits den Gimps bei gleichbleibendem Anteil produzieren.
Chaly 
Offizier · Webmaster 
Topics: 404
Playing:  Guildwars2 (Drakkar See)
Ingame:  Chaly Flavour
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted: Post 12:11 Sun - Oct 12, 2008

step 2 idea:
maybe you want to parse the logon/logoff/levelup messages to the other guildchannel (you really don't want this with about 50+ active members in 3 guilds), when the guild-plugin<>tell-plugin from step1 is ready, you can
- copy&paste the buddy/guildupdate plugin
- replace the send_guild_channel_message with a send_private_tell($alliancebot.name,"!as_bot_state $msg) for all alliancebots
- add another tell-plugin that can handle !as_bot_state and parse the message to the bot-B guildchannel

Chalys Gimpnesstheory (2003) Die Theorie der expotentiellen Bullshits den Gimps bei gleichbleibendem Anteil produzieren.
Argorn 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Posted: Post 02:57 Sun - Oct 12, 2008

Holy, this sounds wonderful but I understand 10% big grin

What I did so far is to create a 2nd Char named like the 2nd guild, invited it to the guild and I introduced the 2 bots each other.

How does the part with the bot chat channel work?

Regards

Argorn 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Posted: Post 05:26 Fri - Oct 17, 2008

Allright, some more details as this all sounds great but too complicated:

One guild is my mainguild, a fair and non ganking guild.
The other guild is for shadow twinks that want to be murderers and killers.

usually the "traffic" between the two guilds wont be that great so I dont expect a "channel flood" if guild A talks to guild B.

Like posted above i got 2 bots running now, each with the name of the guild they are in.

What I did not get to work already:

1.) Show the mainchar if existing at lvl up message
(I did setup a global $mainchar in the index.php and used the placeholder in gratz.php, but it doesnt show up the mainchar name, only a empty in the message.)

I also tried to set the "gratz at lvl up" to false, but I still see the gratz messages.

2.) I tried some plugins to get told messages to be shown public in guild chat, seems I'm too stupid for it.
The idea I have is:
Player 1 types in guildchannel:
!chat Hey folks, I'm online to get some blood
Now the guildbot of Player 1 catches the order and sends the pluginmessage and the sender with an tell plugin to the other bot.
Bot 2 of the other guild now gets the message and the sender name with the tell above and creates a guild channel chat like:
Player 1 in <otherguild> says: Hey folks, I'm online to get some blood

I really appreciate all your cents of your posts above and it will be a great solution for bigger unions, but like I said already there wont be much traffic between my 2 guilds so I need something really simple and plain to communicate between the 2 guilds.

Any help is welcome.

Regards
Argorn | Aloevera

Sabcoll 
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Topics: 0
Ingame:  Aurelia
Years registered: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted: Post 04:34 Thu - Mar 12, 2009

any updates here?
is it possible to make one bot running two guild channels or how can i synchronise two bots?
So everything in chat of guild A is postet by my bot in guild channel B ?

Its like the example before: We got a PvE and a PvP guild, both "mains" have twinks in the other guild and always wanted an "allies" channel... how can this be realized?

Argorn 
(started thread)
Blue-Ribbon Chicken 
Posted: Post 04:28 Thu - Mar 12, 2009

Check out this.

Regards

Sabcoll